The Suffolk Record Office at Bury St Edmunds has a document on the index as Deeds of Guildhall/Workhouse in Pakenham, dated 1477 - 1825 (Ref: FL614/11/3/1). These were once referred to on the village web-site. On another page a reference was made to a row of Charity Cottages: “these cottages were built in 1647 and were previously known as The Workhouse, before that the Guildhall”. The village site no longer includes these references. So, far too late to be an original gildhall, but possibly on the same site and possibly with some reuse of materials. They are just across the road rom the church and are pictured here:
Stacks Image 7